Friday, April 29, 2011

flashback friday~ baby on board

flashback friday
  
     This pic was taken while driving, the day Greg & I found out we were pregnant! When I snapped this we had absolutely no idea. Ignorance is bliss, right? Hahaha. We woke up early that morning, & took a road trip up to Seattle. I was going to be meeting his grandmother for the very 1st time, & was super nervous. The drive was great. We reached Seattle & stopped for a quick breakfast. The second I got done eating ,some amazing  strawberry crepes,... I got more nauseous than I ever had before. I spent the next hour in a Shari's restroom violently throwing up to bad elevator music. It was not good times! 



       I'll try to make this short. We obviously thought it must have been the food. So my honey ran into a drug store to get some medicine, mouthwash, & lots of "barf bags." (is there any nice way to say barf bag? Yah... huh...? Anywhoooo. It was on the way to grandma's house. I ended up trying to pull off not looking completely sick, while meeting one of the neatest Lady's ever. Later that night, we ended up taking 11 prego tests, just for the heck of it. (Btw, dollar store tests really do work!) Not that we're totally cheap or anything, but we thought what the hey?! So my 10 came back positive,(YES. I said 10) & Greg's (one) was negative. Thank goodness! Hahaha... I could not handle that dude pregnant! Lol.

     I cherish this shot so much because it's the last photo taken of us, as just us. Before our lives would change forever. There was a baby on board!


xoxoxo...

6 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Oh what a great photo!! and I love your sons name.

I love LOVE being a mom... but I sometimes have to try and remember the old me and get her out too once and a while.

Susan said...

Great story, and great photo too!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

you are beautiful...enough said.

what a sweet story...even the violent throwing up :) i love that you took ten of them!!!! and that he took one too...so supportive :)

Jen said...

What a great memory. Isn't it funny how a child gives you a way to measure everything in your life?

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

wha ta great shot. loved readig this. you don't look sick at all!

Unknown said...

Such a great story to go along with a super cute photo :)