Friday, July 22, 2011

flashback friday~ hand me down LOVE...

The perfect love these two had for each other
 & for me, will live in my soul forever. 

  Grandpa Wally (aka THE Silver Fox), Grandma Darlene, & 3 year old me.  

My Grandpa. The very best man I will ever know.
It breaks my heart Jax will never get one of his hugs, or go out for a burger & shake.
Now I realize it wasn't splitting the chocolate shake,
it was the time, & the conversations we shared.

Jaxy, your Great Grandpa would have been just smitten with you.
I hope you will get to know him through me.



(I did't ask him to do this)
awww... kisses for Grandpa!
LOVE.

linking up with Jen's Flashback Friday!

xoxo, Melanie

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So, so sweet Melanie.

Jen said...

So very sweet. It makes me sad that Jae won't know my grandparents either :(

Moments and Impressions said...

That is awesome. I have no grandparents left... so I know what you mean.