Thursday, September 29, 2011

The day we broke into a tree farm

Well, "breaking in" is a strong word(s) for what we did.
We just went on a nice little "tire the munchkin out before nap walk,"
and happened to also take a walk inside
 (through the big tall gate)
of the tree farm. lol

As you can see we live out in the country,
on a very quiet road.


He's probably looking back thinking..
" Is my mom really letting me run this far ahead?!!"
AND as I look at it now...
Dude.
I'm thinking the same thing!
Loving the new fall colors.

 
Ahhh.. Thank you baby.
A  weed flower for mama!

You fell & skinned your cute monkey knee.
Xoxo.
I LOVE that mama's owie kisses REALLY do make everything ok.
I was happy to carry you the rest of the way.

We have arrived!
This was not a planned break in,
How could you be 2, & not want to open this gate?



This is just a tree farm. No one actually lives here.
So we just went to peak at a few baby Christmas trees


 
As we made it up the windy road, we came upon a magical land.
Ok. It was just a little hill, that over looked the entire farm.
BUT  the grass looked like strands of gold.
I'm not being dramatic, it was beautiful!
I might have to "take a walk" to the tree farm in the near future...
(for the love of photography. Of course)


You giggled as the wind blew the grass,
& tickled your monkey knees.
LOVE.

Jaxy,
you counted the baby trees.
Apparently, there were 5?!!


Mama somehow worked her magic on the magical hill...
AND got monkey-man to SIT DOWN.
A magical miracle!


Criss Cross apple sauce.
You just learned how.
So cute!

We had such a beautiful day together little man.

 Again magical land powers.
How I got this guy to take a picture w/ me,
sit still,  & smile... Amazing.
Oh man, I love him.



Time to go home little one.
Thank you for the best day,
like ever,
like ALWAYS.

(if he only knew he was runing towards nap time! Lol)






18 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh your wee boy is really cute. I'm glad you enjoyed your day. :))

deb duty said...

So many fabulous shots! I think my favorite is of him ahead but looking back at you and I also love the one of him sitting in the tall grass and smiling. So cute!

EMily said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great way to spend the day!!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so sweet - I really love those first two shots.

Anonymous said...

How fun, he must have loved pushing that gate open. The pictures of the two of you are absolutely beautiful. :)

Marilyn said...

You captured this day so beautifully :)) .. It's really not about the camera, its having an eye to capture and you GOT it.. : )) Your lil fella = J'adore.. :)) Wishing you a happy weekend :)

Unknown said...

Great memories built here that's for sure! Thank you so much for sharing and entering our challenge this week.

Love, Chelsea said...

I just love the pictures of the two of you together. So much love.

Gina Kleinworth said...

I absolutely adore the perspective on that first one!

Susan said...

That tree farm seems like such a magical place! Beautiful colors, I love the tall golden grass. That last one is especially adorable :)

Mary Gene Atwood said...

what a fun outing! So lucky to capture the two of you, gorgeous images!

Unknown said...

last photo is fantastic!

Light Trigger: our entry

Unknown said...

These pictures are gorgeous. I wish that we had a place like that in walking distance. Who needs profession studio pictures when you have ones like these.

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

Those are fabulous photos! I love Jax's smile!

ShonEjai said...

Beautiful, beautitul gorgeous photos!

Seeing Each Day said...

So many sweet photos here - particularly love the one of your little one turning around to look at you and of him on the gate. And some very precious ones of the two of you. Hope he had a good nap after his venture.

Moments and Impressions said...

Spectactular! Love the dreamy shots. I bet it was a lot of fun letting him push open that gate.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

mel, this is the cutest! what a fun little adventure to have with your sweet boy :)

and hello supermodel mama! you are beyond gorgeous!