Friday, March 9, 2012

Eleven & me... tag you're it!



The lovely Ashley Sisk from Rambling's & Photos tagged little ole me.
 I thought I should get off my bum, & finally play along.

The Rules: 
  1. Post these rules.
  2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
  3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger's post.
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
  5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they've been tagged.

me


11 RANDOM facts about me:
1. I grew up on farm, & showed registered Polled Hereford in 4H & FFA. I have a lot of Blinged out belt buckles to show for it! It taught me responsibility & that hard work really does pay off.
2. I met my the love of my life at 16 when I walked into a tanning salon he worked at. LOVE at first sight. I just didn't let him know that, at the time. I'm still crazy about him!
3. I love my coffee in the morning, but my tea at night.
4. Four is my lucky number.
5. Growing up I had a little baby lamb named Tinker Bell. I was crazzy for Cabbage Patch dolls, then came New Kids on the Block. NKOTB yo! What was I thinking?! Lol)
6. I DREAM of one day taking pictures professionally. After a LOT more learning, & experience.
7. I adore country music, Greg despises it. Jax digs it though! Greg would disagree w/ the last.
8. I hope that Jax will be a big brother one day.
9. I often wonder if I am really be the best person, mommy, partner, friend I can be.
10. I heart wine. Riesling is my go to. Really any wine is good wine though! Lol)

Here's Ashley's Questions:
  1. What is your naturalair color? Be honest!- Nothing exciting on this one... brown. What cha see, is what cha get. I have always wondered what it would be like to be a blond, though I know I would look ridiculous! If ever asked about my blond ambition again, I'll never admit it! 
  2. Are you doing what you thought you'd be doing 10 years ago?- I am. I'm where I always wished & hoped I'd be. Let's just add another munchkin to the mix, & I'll be good!
  3. What is one thing you can't live without?- Hmmm... I would say my camera, but I'm going to go w/ my beloved coffee! If this mama hasn't had her two five cups of Jo in the morning, there is no use for any picture taking! Zombies don't take good photos.)
  4. What is one of your guilty pleasures?- Ugggg...How much time do ya'll have! Haha. Well my number one would be that dang Reality TV. Oh how it sucks me right in! Darn you Bachelor! My super secret guilty pleasure though is... ALL the reality supernatural shows... Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures... I could go on, but am starting to get embarrassed! I guess I'm a wanna-be closet ghost hunter? It all intrigues me, & scares the craption out of me at the same time. Then I get conflicted w/ my Christian beliefs. Guess that's why it's my guilty pleasure!
  5. What was the best movie you've seen in the past year?- This is a tough question...? We are movie nuts at our house. I really enjoyed The Help, & also just watched Once. The music was amazing!
  6. What is your favorite song and/or musician/band?- One word. Adele. She just gets me. Lol)
  7. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in 2012?- LEARN how to get the most out of my slr (aka learn how to actually shoot great photos w/ it!) Ceecee (my Canon) has only been w/ me for a couple months, & I feel okay about the shots I've been able to get w/ her. Yes, of course I named her! By the end of 2012, I'd love to be shooting primarily in manual. We'll see!
  8. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?- We'll if you follow me ya know.... photography + my Happy Jax boy! Then add blogging on to that, & here we are!
  9. If you had unlimited money for one week (and it had to be spent), how would you spend it?- I would give every person in the world one billion dollars, including myself, & finally by a camera bag & that lens I've wanted. No way that could backfire at all, right?!
  10. Who is your biggest influence now?- Honestly, my better half. I know it sounds all cheesy, but it couldn't be more true. Greg is just the best person I've ever met. Before him, I feel like I wasn't completely me... if that makes any sense? He has helped me grow into such a better person, just by being around him. The way he loves his family & always puts us first, is pretty darn amazing. I genuinely adore my fella, plus he is super hot! LOVE you babe)
  11. What is the most beautiful place you've ever seen?-  I was maybe 6 years old, & my grandpa took just me to the beach for the day. I remember it being the most hazy, gorgeous, sunny day.We walked hand in hand through all the quaint beach shops, & he bought me the coolest kite ever! We spent the whole day on the beach flying that red kite. I can still remember holding his big strong hand, looking out at the ocean. I can picture the view in my mind, just like it was yesterday. It was such a simply beautiful special day. Sometimes a simple but beautiful place can turn into the most beautiful place you've ever seen, simply because of the person you're there with.
Tag ladies, your it! 
If you gals don't want to or have time, I completely understand. No worries. (I might think you love me a little less though. Just sayn.) 



Here are the 11 questions for the ladies I tagged:

1.  Best childhood memory?
2. Your favorite/go to movie. The one you could watch a million times?
3. If you were driving right now, what music/song would you be singing along too?
4. Best photography tip/tutorial, you've ran past lately?
5. Favorite saying or inspirational quote?
6. Who do you look up to the most?
7. Favorite tv show?
8. Which store would you choose to max your credit card out at?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. If you could go anywhere in the world, with anyone in the world... where & who?
11. The last sweet/funny/crazy/cute thing your kiddo/grand-babe said or did?






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY NAUGHTY, I must have been tagged about 4/5 times by people and I haven't passed it on. Smack on the hand for Kelly !

Sean Marie said...

You're so gorgeous! I love trash TV too. I didn't always though. Maury is SOOOO... good. I really can't get enough of it. I think about writing post about how trashy the people on the show are but it's such an embarrassing guilty pleasure. That'd be awesome if you had infinite amounts of money. I'd take a billion dollars. Hell, I'll settle for a million. Love how you then said you'd buy a lens. Always thinking about photography! My hubby has done so much for me and changed me in so many ways. It's not cheesy. Just sweet and I understand completely!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday! XOXOX!

Love, Chelsea said...

Yay! You didn't post your 11 random facts cheater! :)

Ashley Sisk said...

So glad you answered the questions - that was really fun. I know what you mean about the shows you watching sometimes conflicting with your beliefs. It can be confusing at time.

4 Lettre Words said...

You are soooo beautiful, my friend...WOW! And, we have a lot in common! I'm honored you chose me. I'll get my post up for next Thursday. :)

XO!

Marilyn said...

LOVE your last shot.. So beautiful.. Lots in common here sweets.. Loving the lovely blogs you choosed as well.. Great post.. ;))

Moments and Impressions said...

I can't imagine you with big belt buckles. FFa at my high school was "the thing" but I was one of the few kids that didn't live int he country.

Oh man... I am going to have to work on this. Thank sweetie!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love reading this Melanie!!!! Loving your selfie too!!!!!